After School Snack Ideas (and free printable) #BackToSchoolWeek

I love creative Back To School snack ideas! But I don’t always have time to make amazing snacks that will win creativity contests. Instead, I love to have snacks available and get the kids involved.

The kids love putting their snacks together and they tend to eat healthier, too, if they have some ownership. My own kids are now grown and have moved away, but that doesn’t stop me from having snack parties with my nephews!

To make things easy, I always keep some basics on hand so they can build snacks like:

Mini Peach Parfaits for after school snacks! The kids will love this. | Sunshine In My Pocket

*Peach parfaits are simple with yogurt, granola, and peach slices. Have you tried that Honey Vanilla Greek yogurt? It’s so good! (I got mine from Sprouts and Trader Joe’s). The kids LOVE to layer their own….it might get a little messy, but it’s fun! I like to keep that granola cereal on hand just for this parfait. And kids love those mini dessert glasses!

fish-and-birds-on-a-log

We started building fish (or birds, or bears, or worms) on a log because I don’t care for raisins. I never buy them or keep them around for the kids. But I will get Goldfish or gummy treats for this fun after school snack.

When I have some extra time, I love to make a “special” snack that is quite a treat. Like Apple Cupcakes with worms! The kids love to add the worms and apple “stems” (pretzels).

worms-in-cupcakes

And you can build an easy After School Snack Board, see instruction and download a printable *here!

apple-cupcakes-with-worms-sign

I put together a list of snack ideas for you, dear readers, that includes a list of some Basics to keep on hand for easy snacks. It also includes a list of “special snacks” that take a little more time and preparation.

Back-to-school-snack-ideas-SMALL-page

This list can be downloaded here so that you can print it and keep it at-the-ready!
Click here to download: Back to school snack ideas page

If you liked these ideas, be sure to check out our Back To School Snack party here to see:

*watermelon sundaes

watermelon-sundae-with-fruit

*ham and cheese picks

the-snack-table

*fresh fruit kebabs

fruit-skewers

And check out this idea that your kids will LOVE: *MonstersU cookie decorating

monsters-u-snack-party

And don’t forget to enter the Back To School giveaway here!

There’s a whole lot of Back To School Ideas this entire week:

#BacktoSchoolWeek Graphic

And just a reminder, there is our back to school PinChat coming up:
Join us on Sunday, August 25, 2013 for a PinChat! For more information on how it works, click here

May your days be filled with sunshine,

Sunshine In My Pocket

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

13 Responses to After School Snack Ideas (and free printable) #BackToSchoolWeek

1. Heather @ French Press August 21, 2013 at 1:06 pm #

ALL such cure and FUN ideas!

• KariV August 21, 2013 at 6:20 pm #

Thank you, Heather!

2. kelley @ Miss Information August 21, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

WOW I can’t believe what great ideas! I love the cupcakes with the worms such a smart Mom!

• KariV August 21, 2013 at 6:20 pm #

Thanks, Kelley! I’m glad you like them. :)

3. tanya August 22, 2013 at 5:23 am #

You are so creative! You have so many fabulous ideas here, I don’t know where to start! Ok, actually I do, I’m starting with those cupcakes!

• KariV August 23, 2013 at 8:22 am #

Thanks, Tanya. If your kids are anything like mine, they will eat the worms of ALL the cupcakes before actually eating a cupcake. Ha, ha! These are so fun to make with kids! I hope you love them. :)

4. Kelley August 22, 2013 at 10:47 am #

I love all your great ideas for after school snacks! The birds on the log may be my favorite! Too cute!

• KariV August 23, 2013 at 8:23 am #

Those are “Angry Birds” gummies I found…and the kids LOVED them!

5. Raquel @ Organized Island August 23, 2013 at 4:05 pm #

Love these great after school snack ideas! Such cute creations!

6. Maria August 28, 2013 at 5:43 am #

Oh my goodness, so many CUTE snacks!!! Those cupcakes are just ADORABLE!!! What a fun little idea!! And they look delicious too! :)

• KariV August 30, 2013 at 1:36 pm #

Thank you, Maria! Such kind words…I love it! :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 30+ Crafts, Snacks & Lunches from #BacktoSchoolWeek | {i love} my disorganized life - October 26, 2013

[...] and Oat Cookies from Real Housemoms Peanut Butter Hemp Cookies from Sweet Twist of Fate After School Snack Ideas from Sunshine in my Pocket Back to School Cupcake from The NY Melrose Family Steak Sandwich [...]

2. 30+ Crafts, Snacks & Lunches from #BacktoSchoolWeek | {i love} my disorganized life{i love} my disorganized life - February 27, 2014

[…]       Peanut Butter Hemp Cookies from Sweet Twist of Fate       After School Snack Ideas from Sunshine in my Pocket       Back to School Cupcake from The NY Melrose Family […]